In the senior leadership position of Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, Pomfret School is seeking a forward-looking, visionary leader possessing clear and strong entrepreneurial, strategic, and analytic skills. Important qualities include integrity, intellectual curiosity, a sense of humor, strong interpersonal and communication skills, technological savvy, a collaborative work style, and a commitment to excellence. The Director must coordinate a school-wide admission effort toward strategic enrollment goals that are in line with the School's mission. The Director must lead a team that is as devoted as it is talented. The Director supervises both admission officers and staff, and oversees the financial aid budget to ensure best use of the School's significant financial aid resources. As a Senior Officer of the school, the Director of Admissions and Financial Aid occupies a 46-week administrative faculty position, reports directly to the Head of School, and participates as a member of the senior leadership team of the school.
Ideally, candidates will have:
· Extensive experience in admissions at a supervisory level, ideally including work in a residential community.
· Demonstrated ability to manage a fast-paced, high-volume admission operation by establishing efficient protocols, defining clear lines of responsibility, and using technology effectively; a systems person.
· A strategic, outward-facing orientation to the position; a leader who is eager to market the school in creative collaboration with Pomfret’s communications professionals and through domestic and international travel.
Pomfret School is seeking a Director who:
· Inspires, motivates, and demonstrates respect and care for colleagues.
· Is comfortable in his or her own skin, not easily flustered, and adept at handling different personalities.
· Thrives in the boarding school environment and who is eager to engage fully with the school community.
· Enjoys being the public face of the school; a good storyteller with charisma.
To fulfill these responsibilities, the Director:
· Develops, executes, and assesses all Admissions Office policies and procedures, strategies, and goals, including travel, recruitment, and enrollment strategies.
· Manages and participates in recruitment and admission efforts.
· Oversees the development of a marketing and promotional strategy that effectively relays the School's mission to prospective families and other constituencies.
· Ensures the Admissions Office represents the School in the best possible fashion to prospective applicants, using feedback to inform the selection process to maximize future success.
· Works with others at the School to shepherd applicants in the most effective manner through the admission process, including establishing feedback loops for academics, arts, and athletics, and caring thoughtfully for legacy candidates.
· Is a presence on the national and international stage for independent secondary school admissions.
· Oversees the preparation of reports and analyses for the Head of School, Board of Trustees, and others as needed.
· Supervises, manages, trains, recruits, hires, and evaluates Admissions Office personnel.
· Manage the Admissions Office operating budget.
. Participates in significant areas of school life, including afternoon programming for one season, residential life supervision, and serving as a faculty advisor to a small group of students.